Labels

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

my second home































Unlike last week, this week I am enveloped in a warm, cozy blanket of southern sun. I'm back in Charleston and am quite happy about it. Although it's difficult being away from my family, I've come to find that regular trips to the beach, long walks along the water (which I'm lucky enough to live a block from), and hours talking and laughing with the friends I love temporarily cures my homesickness.

But I've also learned, from being away for a month, that Charleston is almost like a home to me. It's not the "where I'm from" home, but a home I've made all myself. It seems weird, but the thing that made me think about Charleston as my home was the scent of the air. When I got off the plane, it was the humid, warm, and salty air that brought back so many happy memories. Here is where the first chapter of my adult life began, and while I will always miss my family when they are away, this city has plenty of beauty to keep me content.

No comments:

Post a Comment